Wednesday, January 11, 2006

An Eventful Month

I could not sleep a wink the night before the big day - the day I finally left to go HOME!
Not like the not sleeping is a new thing.... but usually I chose not to sleep, but this time... I just couldnt.
There was excitement, nervousness, impatience, and a mixture of several other feelings that kept my brains working.
I was u early... showered, dressed and ready to go! Although, we were not going to leave until after lunch. It was a long few hours... but I thought...Yay! Im at the airport and that much closer to India. That was sooo not the case!
Anyways, after checking in the heavy baggage we had some extra time....so we just sat and watched all the others at the airport... Its so much fun how always desis struggle with the weight limit. We just dont get it straight do we!!!
LOL
Anyways...so after waiting there a while...it was time to say goodbye to dad and my sis. And then me and mom walked in ...security check...and then...AGAIN...there was more waiting to do.
Finally, I think I realized its going to be a looong time until I would actually get to India!!


End of part One.... hehe... I love to tease!
*Actually I was getting bored to type more....so this is this for now....more will be up soon. *

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur a big teaser...lol...even after living for so many years in States and probably u will get settled there...India is still "HOME" to u...always so difficult to change the identity

Anonymous said...

Waiting at airports is always so agonizing. And i can fully understand ur impatience! Now now, shake off that lethargy and write on ur Indian experience :-))

Anonymous said...

I cannot ever sleep the night before I have to take a flight. Even on my trip back to Victoria from Edmonton, me and my brother ended up watching three crappy movies before the flight...LOL

The wait can be a killer though, those few hours look like the years went by.

Ha ha, yea desis always do struggle. Although, my dad was always very strict about it and used to weigh each bag in our house before loading in the car...he he.

I am waiting for the next part now.

Anonymous said...

@anjan. lol yeah its in the desi blood. i know 20kgs fills up really quick when u are travelling such far distances,... but it only takes twenty some seconds to weigh ur bag in advance.. ofcourse they will ask for extra money if u have a LOT extra weight!

@sheriff. ok first of all....abt me settling...there is an equal chance ill be in india....u just never know! but no matter what, as u said it, India will alwyas be home. :)

@deepak.yes it is painful...and yeah..part 2 coming up....

@ricky. u know my dad is real strict abt it too...but my mom always stuffs in things,....even after weighing the bag. lol. next part coming up soon...

Anonymous said...

how interesting..!! bass kya yaar..

Anonymous said...

@clueless. arre bass nahi...aur aa raha hai!

Anonymous said...

arrey i know aur aa raha hai.. that "bass kya yaar" was in mumbaiyya way to ask u stop the teasers..

Viewer said...

Welcome Home! Hope to read part 2 soon :)

Anonymous said...

When is "soon" enough? Waiting!!