Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Another Update

I have been so bad with this blog... I actually managed to forget the blogger ID.
I just did some more guess work and came here! thank god!

So...okay update time...
I have been getting a few offers but I am just waiting for the right opportunity right now.
So I am still very jobless...
lol

Things have been rather stressful and busy...
I have driven 100s of miles for interviews...300 miles for one...
And I can say a few things about that....
1) I am so glad I dont have a speeding ticket...kinda surprised too.
2) However I did manage to get another stupid traffic violation charge for which they want me to pay $360. Aint happening!! I am going to court for that.
Should be fun to go to court eh?!?!3) I was wonderfully entertained during my drives alone in the car... I have a huge collection of burnt CDs (in my car!) and I am proud to say that I went thru most of them (except the really stupid and annoying ones)!!!
My standard reaction...'Oh my god I havn't heard that song in forever!!'

Yeah!! lol

So what is everyone else upto?
Okay if everyone read the post about the 'Real Me' ..then I should say that Tom's and mine one year anniversary is comming up!!!
Here is the funny part....we dont really know the date we first talked. We do have a rough idea...and I think we are going to approximate it to the 21st or 20th. lol. it doesnt matter what exact date it was...an appriximate is good enough! lol
I am going to TRY to write a poem... I will have it up here if I do it.

And oh wanna hear something funny...
My parents sat me down and told me that I should start looking at guys and be serious about marriage!!
They said 22 is old enough...and I agreed...for like 50 years ago!!
So yeah... I cant possibly tell them about Tom... not yet!
So now I am seriously considering telling them that I am a lesbian. I think that by knowing that...they might get off my back. But then also if I think about it...that might give them a reason to get me married quicker.
So yeah...dunno what to do. Do you think I should bring home a fake girlfriend?
lol
I need help with this... make me some suggestions please!!
I think my parents head is still stuck a few yrs back...even my friends in India havnt started looking at guys!!
RIDICULOUS!


So yeah....that's about it...
And ohh...
BTW... I am going to go buy some art supplies tommorow!! YAY!!
I really wanna draw...it's high time.
Hopefully I iwll have something soon!

take care everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

telling ur folk that ur a "lesbian" bcoz u dont want to marry is a bad idea...i wud say "a stupid idea"...couples of year down the line when ur ready to marry a guy, what will u tell them...deal with the situation rather than looking for a shortcut...the best way is too sit with them and discuss....maybe u can tell them tht u want to devote ur energy towards career right now

GalNextDoor said...

@sheriff. i know it is stupid... i have tried the talking and explainng myself... they think that i can just get engaged right now and wait to get married. me taking the 'desperate' road is cause i dont think there are other options that remain.

@anjan. thank you! & lol at the lesbian thing.

Baliga said...

hahahaha told my mum tht so she wuld get off my back. i thought she was going to have a stroke!! lol.. but yeah honestly tht isnt goin to work.. tell them the truth or buy time.. say u want to get settled down and get a job and make ur own money kinda of a thing.. that sounds very responsible.. lol..

Anks said...

congrats on ur anniversary...

as for ur parents, play along... its not like they'll get you hitched tomo... and you can reject guys on things like 'his nose is too long or his eyes aren't bright enough' :p

Anonymous said...

oye.. i had commented here.. i remember..!!

:-(